Thursday, July 31, 2008

Independence Science and Technology Center

I have a pic for this but have lost it in my mess of files! I will post it when found!
This post will actually not be about food! I know amazing since the only thing I think about is food. I did set this blog up to be about Southeast Kansas and we don't only just eat. Really! people here do other things.

I took my adorable, hyper-energetic nephews (8 and 3 years old) to the Independence Science and Technology Center. They love this place. They get to play and learn cheaply!! The Center has a wide variety of exhibits allowing people to examine and play with science. The center mostly focuses on the science of physics. They are able to make it fun. There is an echo tube, magnetic experiments and more. The real fun is the Anti-gravity Simulator and the hair raising Van de Graff generator. Albert Einstein will greet you at the door.

Some of the experiments are a little difficult to figure out and I have a degree in science. I apparently skipped a few too many classes. The experiments are homemade and many of them show it. Overall though kids love it and can entertain themselves forever. We have to drag my nephews out every time we take them. They usually go once everytime they come down to Southeast Kansas. If you have a day when the kids are screaming they are bored come and visit Independence, Kansas.

The center is a fun-filled and educational science laboratory for all ages.
$3.00 per person.
Daily, Sunday-Saturday, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
125 S Penn Ave.
620-331-1999
Memberships and group rates available.

No comments: