Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New China-Chanute

The wonders of Chinese food in small town Kansas. If you are to serve Chinese food in southeast Kansas then that means buffet. I of course do not need a buffet but will self indulge. It is lunch time in Chanute. They are open. New China is closed on Mondays and I always seem to want to eat out on Mondays. There are a lot of place in Chanute closed on Mondays. I like to punish myself by going to Chanute on Mondays because I am wierd. I will try not to be biased when I write this review. My aunt used to take me out to New China to have a "girl's day, just because girls need to". I loved my aunt and really enjoyed our lunches here just talking. She died around Christmas and I miss her and our lunches. New China will always hold a place in my heart.

The first thing I want to put out is that there are two New Chinas. Not in reality but the buffet is very different from ordering off their menu. I love everything I have ordered off the menu. The buffet is another story. It is small with only about ten different entrees. You can tell it is not fresh from the look and the taste. New China is on main street in Chanute.

It is hard to see when just driving by. It is in an old main street building so it is ran down. The place is old but clean. I like clean. If you are clean and your staff is polite I can overlook mediocre food. The staff is good. They are nice and polite. They talk to the customers like they are old friends. Everyone is treated like a regular. I give New China 4 stars ****. Sorry this is short but I have ran our of words and need to go in for a refill.

No comments: